Cebu is one of the most developed provinces in the Philippines, with Cebu City as the main center of commerce, trade, education and industry in the Visayas.
Cebu (/sɪˈbuː/, /siːˈbuː/ or /sɛˈbuː/; -is a first income class island province of the Philippines located in the Central Visayas region, and consisting of the main island itself and 167 surrounding islands and islets.
Welcome to Cebu! Cebu City is the Queen City of the South. It has been given this name because it has all the characteristics of a royal highness when you explore the wonders of the city.
Its capital is Cebu City, the oldest city and first capital of the Philippines, which forms part of the Cebu Metropolitan Area together with four neighboring cities (which comprise Danao City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City and Talisay City) and eight other local government units. Mactan-Cebu International Airport, located in Mactan Island, is the second busiest airport in the Philippines. On April 27, the Battle of Mactan occurred where the Spaniards were defeated and Magellan killed by Lapu- Lapu for he disagree that the said island will be invaded by Magellan. However, it was the Spaniards who brought Christianity in Cebu.
The majority of its population are Roman Catholic followed by roughly 95% of Cebuanos. There are also some followers of Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.
Cebu is the capital of the Catholic faith by virtue of being the first Christian city, the first capital of the Spanish East Indies, and the birthplace of Christianity and the Philippine Church.
The province’s land area is 4,944 square kilometres (1,909 sq mi), or when the independent cities are included for geographical purposes, the total area is 5,342 square kilometres (2,063 sq mi).
The climate of Cebu is tropical. There are 2 seasons in Cebu − the dry and wet season. It is dry and sunny most of the year with some occasional rains during the months of June to December.
Source: – Wikipedia
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CEBU
- Cebu has earned recognition here and abroad. In fact, Condé Nast Traveler Magazine named it the 7th best destination in the Indian Ocean-Asia region in 2007.
- Hailed as the “Queen City of the South,” Cebu City is the trade and industry hub in the Visayas. It boasts of many attractions that will impress foreign and local tourists. Cebu is now one of the most visited places in the Philippines because of its inspiring views to visit, such as historical places, beaches, hotels, restaurant, and big shopping malls
- As the oldest city in the Philippines, it is home to some of the earliest structures and landmarks in the country, including the oldest fort, street, and one of the oldest educational institutions.
- Cebu is a perfect destination for tourists. Cebu is rich in white-sand beaches, blue waters and marine life. There are many forest reserves, mountains and hills, that are perfect for those who love forest trekking. Cebu is also rich in historical places that can suit the desires of those who are culture enthusiast.
- There are lots of high quality standards universities, lots of high private hospitals and many job opportunities.
- The people are also talented (there are plenty of Cebuanos that are known around the world because of being artistic and creative). Cebuanos are known to be happy people.
- Call Center is one of the biggest and rampant jobs in Cebu city.
Scenic Cebu is more than just a beautiful island to be proud of, it is also interesting tales on history, culture, natures and discovery. A place worth your visit from a hospitable people down to the wonderful destination that would surely amaze you. Everyday is a story waiting to happen, and the best ones could possibly be in your next trip to Cebu.
Places To Visit:
- Oslob: WHALE WATCHING IN OSLOB
- Kawasan: Magestic Nature and Perfect for Breath-taking Adventure
- Osmeña Peak:Staying Ovenight
- Sira0 : Just recent Short Tour
- TOPS: Unleash Your Boredom
- MOuntain View: A PLACE FOR FRESH AIR & A PLACE FOR YOU TO RELAX
PS: recommended spot will soon be updated